Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hermes 10-Miler

Loved this race.  They changed the course and I couldn't have been more happy with the new layout.  We started at Edgewater Park, which is absolutely clean and beautiful now that the Cleveland Metroparks took over ownership of it.  The course ran along Edgewater Drive, through the Cleveland westside, circling back through Battery Park before slipping us through an underground tunnel and finishing along the lake. I had been running on the dreadmill all winter...especially since this was one of the coldest winters since I moved up here! I wasn't sure what to expect for a time as I didn't really have a benchmark.  I was thrilled with my time as it was just a hair over one minute off my PR at 1:47:28.  I'll take it.  We were treated with beautiful temps, a newly designed course, and wonderful goodies at the finish line.  Great way to get in a long run with about a thousand of my closest friends.


Love the skyline view of Cleveland!

No comments:

Post a Comment